All ELM 5.x and 6.x
- The ELM service did not start after a reboot and when trying to start the service you receive an error similar to:
“An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions.”
- The port used by the ELM server is in use or was taken by another process/service.
You have two options in resolving port issues on the ELM server.
Option 1: Stop the other process/service then start the ELM Enterprise Manager server services.
- From a command prompt run: netstat -ban -p tcp
- Search for the ELM server port (Default is 1251) in the results.
- Stop or end the process or service that is using the port
- Start the ELM Enterprise Manager server service then start the ELM Enterprise Manager Report Scheduler service.
- After the ELM Enterprise Manager services start successfully you may restart the offending process or service previously using the port.
Option 2: Change the Port number used by the ELM Enterprise Manager server software.
- Open Windows registry editor
- Windows 32bit: Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TNT Software\ELM Enterprise Manager\6.x or 5.x\Settings
- Windows 64bit: Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Wow6432Node\SOFTWARE\TNT Software\ELM Enterprise Manager\6.0 or 5.x\Settings
- Modify the TCPServerPort DWORD value to a new port number. ex: 12510
- Start the ELM Enterprise Manager server then start the ELM Report Scheduler service.
- Open the ELM console and update the configuration on your agents so they are aware of the port change.
Last Modified: 3/4/2011
Last Reviewed: 3/4/2011
Article Type: Troubleshooting[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]